TechHive: Could tech solve distracted driving as well cause it?

TechHive
TechHive helps you find your tech sweet spot. We guide you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. 
The Next Generation in Online Meetings

GoTo Webinar is a new, affordable, do-it-yourself Web event service that doesn't require a consultant. Get $10 off after your complimentary trial.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Could tech solve distracted driving as well cause it?
Nov 2nd 2013, 20:15, by Mike Elgan, Computerworld

I totaled my car when I was 16.

Here's what happened: It was the middle of the day, and I was listening to the car radio while driving. I started fiddling with the radio while I headed toward an intersection with a green light. The second I looked down at the radio, the light changed. By the time I looked up, I was sailing into the intersection. My car smashed into a brand-new Cadillac crossing from my right. Upon impact, both cars slid toward a corner, pinning a third car against the curb.

I was lucky. Nobody was hurt. Insurance paid for everything. But I learned a lesson that would keep me from ever getting into another car accident: Distracted drivers are dangerous.

So let's ban gadgets for drivers, right?

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Previous
Next Post »