TechHive: Bust a gut: The 5 most deliciously hilarious cooking sites of all time

TechHive
TechHive helps you find your tech sweet spot. We guide you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. 
Microsoft Excel 2010 Training Course

Beginner / Intermediate self-paced online course of Microsoft's spreadsheet application. Enroll for just $99.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Bust a gut: The 5 most deliciously hilarious cooking sites of all time
Dec 11th 2013, 11:30, by Amber Bouman

When you don't know how to cook, recipe websites can become paralyzing in the time it takes to boil an egg. Even the friendly, well-known sites with instructions and large, lovely food photos can exceed my skill set with alarming rapidness.

A slow cooker? Don't have one of those. Making a roux? Are…you kidding me? What's a roux? Listen, my kitchen didn't even come with counter space and my house specialty is nachos, so when some site suggests I julienne leeks, I say, "That looks amazing" and have microwave burritos from the corner store.

But the best way to make an intimidating topic a little easier to approach is with humor. I might page through pie-in-the-sky options on Epicurious and Real Simple, but I've probably read almost everything that Thug Kitchen has ever done, and I've got half of Cooking Comically bookmarked.

Here's the dish (yeah, I just did that) on those two, plus three more hilarious recipe sites you should know. However, let me stress that when I say "hilarious," I also mean "impressively foul-mouthed." For reals. The alternate title for this story was almost "The 5 most foul-mouthed recipe websites ever," so if you don't dig the swears, stop here.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Previous
Next Post »