TechHive: Rickshaw Halo Zero Review: A messenger that lights up the night

TechHive
TechHive helps you find your tech sweet spot. We guide you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. 
Pay Off Debt Faster

Tackle your debt and protect your credit with our free online tools.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Rickshaw Halo Zero Review: A messenger that lights up the night
Sep 20th 2013, 16:30

I bike commute. Every day, I get on my bike and ride from one end of San Francisco to the other and back again, usually with my 13-inch MacBook Air in tow. Sometimes it's scary, sometimes its cold, but it's always better than squeezing into an overcrowded, tin can of a bus that tops out at 5MPH.

Hey look it's me! Bike commuting! With the Halo Zero!

While looking for gadgets to make my 14-mile round trip safer, easier, and more fun, I came across the now-successful Kickstarter campaign for the $129 Halo Zero messenger bag. Designed by the experienced bag makers at Rickshaw, the Halo Zero combines the comfort of a traditional bike messenger bag with the added safety of an LED strip.

Visibility is a major issue for urban cyclists: Even with top-of-the-line bike lights illuminating my bike frame, it's still a challenge to be seen by drivers when sharing the road with brighter and faster-moving vehicles.

Helping cyclists be seen

The beauty of the Halo Zero is in its huge, Velcro-attached LED strip that can be set to strobe, flash, or solid. With the extra light, I felt much safer on the road. Another fun aspect of the strip is that it resembles the tail lights on modern Dodge Chargers—a fun bonus that made me want to say "vrrooom" as I rode around town.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Previous
Next Post »