TechHive: Create a digital Yule log on your HDTV

TechHive
TechHive helps you find your tech sweet spot. We guide you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. 
Your small business full-time assistant

Join the 500,000+ people using Shoeboxed to streamline accounting and bookkeeping. Turn a pile of receipts into digital data to save time, money and hassle.
From our sponsors
thumbnail Create a digital Yule log on your HDTV
Dec 24th 2013, 08:00, by Philip Michaels

I have a dream every holiday season. It's Christmas Eve, and I'm sitting in front of a roaring fire. Christmas carols are echoing through the living room. Faithful friends who are dear to me gather near to me. The scene is something out of a Hallmark card.

Now if only my fireplace would co-operate.

Unfortunately, the fireplace in my house may as well have been stamped "For Display Purposes Only." The fireplace seems to have been designed by people with only a passing familiarity with fire safety codes. It's built shallow and the hearth is practically non-existant. What I'm trying to say is, one spark from the fireplace and my Christmas tree will be lit up all right, but probably not in the manner that local fire marshals would find advisable. So like millions of apartment dwellers or people who live in fireplace-free homes, it seems that I'll be dreaming of a Yule log-free Christmas.

That is, unless I take this holiday traditional digital.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions
Previous
Next Post »